This is the best cajun chicken pasta you will ever have. I found this recipe in a book called America’s Most Wanted Recipes. I made a few tweaks to the recipe because some of it was a little vague.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Cajun seasoning (get the low sodium kind)
- 2 cups alfredo sauce, homemade or store bought. (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HOMEMADE! Recipe follows.. and guess what? It’s the Olive Garden recipe. Sweet lord).
- 16 ounces linguine pasta, cooked according to the package directions.
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- 1 cup sliced green onions
1. Dip the chicken into the melted butter and then rub it with some cajun seasoning. Make sure those babies are covered good.
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat with some olive oil in the pan. It should be hot enough that when you sprinkle water in the pan, it dances. Cook the chicken breast about 8 minutes per side until it is no longer pink in the middle. Your chicken will be “blackened” now. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it sit for about 10 minutes before slicing it into strips.
3. Make that DELICIOUS sauce.
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1/4 pound of butter (one stick)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
In a saucepan, combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer until all is melted and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer for 15 ñ 20 minutes on low. You may wish to add a little salt and pepper.
4. Boil the pasta. Drain.
5. Toss the sauce with the pasta, then top it with the diced tomato, then the sliced chicken, and then garnish it with the green onions.
I highly recommend serving this with some delicious garlic bread.
I usually gauge how well a dish turns out by the number of times my mom says “MMMMMMMMMMM.” She wouldn’t shut up for the entire meal, so I assume it was delicious.